We’re hiring a full-time assistant program director.
MacLaurinCSF is a Christian study center serving the University of Minnesota. We work to strengthen Christian thinking by bridging church and university in the Twin Cities. We cultivate a community of students, professors, pastors, and lay leaders who are passionate about ordering life and learning to the love of God and neighbor.
We are excited to announce an opening for a full-time assistant program director. The ideal candidate will understand and enthusiastically support our mission. She or he will be able to winsomely and compellingly communicate the mission and to work creatively to develop programs that advance it in a variety of academic and non-academic contexts.
Responsibilities will include:
- Planning, coordinating, and executing all study center programs and events (working closely with the program director, other study center staff, and student leaders)
- Advising, training, and mentoring student leaders
- Assisting with organizational planning and administration (strategic planning, grant writing, curriculum development, etc.)
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Enthusiasm for the MacLaurinCSF mission
- Demonstrated leadership in coordinating events and leading teams
- Ability to manage many projects simultaneously (careful attention to details, ability to coordinate multiple project timelines, and excellent time management skills)
- Excellent communication skills––writing and public speaking—with a variety of audiences
- Strong networking abilities
- Ability to mentor, lead, and teach motivated college students
- Ability to thrive in an academic environment
- Appreciation for the breadth of the historic Christian tradition in its Roman Catholic, Protestant, and Orthodox branches
- Experience with and ability to learn standard office software (MS Office, Google Apps, social media, project management tools, etc.)
- Flexibility to work some evenings (1 or 2 per week)
A bachelor’s degree is required. Advanced academic training in the humanities or theology is desirable, but not required.
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits, with pay commensurate to experience.
We’ll start reviewing applications on April 15. To apply, email us your a detailed cover letter specifying your interest in and qualifications for the position, along with your résumé or CV and at least three references.