MacLaurinCSF is an ecumenical organization that embraces the “mere Christianity” of the great creeds of Christendom.
As a result, we work with a wide range of partnering churches: Catholic, Orthodox, and Protestant. These church partnerships are essential to what we do. Our church partners send church pastors and church members to our events. They support us financially and with prayer. They provide reading group leaders (and participants), meals for our students, and other opportunities to bridge the University of Minnesota and the Christian community. And perhaps most importantly, they provide church homes to our students, all of whom we strongly encourage to be actively involved in a church.
So you can see why we value these relationships so highly. Our church partnerships span denominations and encompass a range of opportunities. Our overall goal is to help congregations reorient themselves toward (rather than away from) the University of Minnesota. Here are a wide range of ways that congregations can begin to get involved:
- Provide a meal to students and faculty members
- Help maintain our property or come for a work day
- Provide more specialized skills: carpentry, computer and tech skills, photography and video, design and creative work, reading group leadership, and more
- Volunteer to staff a welcome table at an event
- Become a church liaison: connect us with others at our church who would be interested in our work
- Check our our Volunteer page for other ways to serve!
- Host a faith and vocation reading group at your church (these groups read through a book like Tim Keller’s Every Good Endeavor and discuss its implications for faithful living at work)
- Engage your youth group and college students: send them our way when they come to the U, and be sure they’re aware of our programs for students!
- Support us with your regular, faithful prayers
- Support us financially with a monthly gift
- Participate in a reading group
- Cultivate relationships with people in the University of Minnesota community
- Attend the annual Church & University Seminar, held every summer
- Attend a lecture event or an introductory dessert reception
- Introduce friends to the work we do
Sign up for our email list to receive updates on our events and programs, and to learn about other ways you and your congregation can get involved. And consider joining us for one of our quarterly “Why MacLaurin Matters” dessert receptions, where you can meet staff, students, board members, and others involved with the ministry.
* These fields are required.